- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 8 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 30 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 33 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Tires
2001 BMW M5
Handling and control would be drastically affected increasing the risk of a crash.
Tires — Sidewall
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles equipped with 18-inch tires. (18-inch tires are standard equipment on the M5 and optional equipment on the 7-series models). The machine used to mount and inflate the tires on the wheels at the assembly plant may have damaged the sidewall of one or more tires. The damaged area could weaken to the point where a sudden loss of air from the tire could occur.
- Dealers will inspect the tires and if damage from the mounting machine is found, the tire will be replaced. Owner notification began March 10, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.