- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 14 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 36 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 38 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 60 days ago
- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 72 days ago
BMW Recall : Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2015 BMW X1
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2015 X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i, and X1 xDrive35i vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with air bag inflators assembled as part of the driver frontal air bag modules, used as original equipment or replacement equipment, that may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin March 4, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.