- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 10 days ago
- January 4: BMW Recalls 330i and 330i xDrive For Seat Belt Pretensioner Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- December 22: BMW N63 Engine Problems Cause Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- December 21: BMW Recalls M-Series Vehicles That Unexpectedly Shift Into NEUTRAL recalls | 31 days ago
- December 17: South Korea Finds 6 BMW Fires Were Unrelated to EGR Systems investigations | 35 days ago
BMW Recall : Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2015 BMW X1
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2015 X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i, and X1 xDrive35i vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with air bag inflators assembled as part of the driver frontal air bag modules, used as original equipment or replacement equipment, that may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall began March 14, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.