- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 0 days ago
- October 10: Recall: BMW Tells Owners To Park Their X3 and X4 Vehicles recalls | 4 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 4 days ago
- September 15: MINI Coopers Recalled To Install Missing Crash Pads recalls | 29 days ago
- September 10: BMW Recalls 745e xDrives To Update Software recalls | 34 days ago
BMW Recall : Driver's Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2015 BMW X1
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Frontal — Driver Side Inflator Module
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2015 X1 sDrive28i, X1 xDrive28i, and X1 xDrive35i vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with air bag inflators assembled as part of the driver frontal air bag modules, used as original equipment or replacement equipment, that may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall began March 14, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.