- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 13 days ago
- January 4: BMW Recalls 330i and 330i xDrive For Seat Belt Pretensioner Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- December 22: BMW N63 Engine Problems Cause Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- December 21: BMW Recalls M-Series Vehicles That Unexpectedly Shift Into NEUTRAL recalls | 34 days ago
- December 17: South Korea Finds 6 BMW Fires Were Unrelated to EGR Systems investigations | 38 days ago
BMW Recall : Steering Gearbox Malfunction
2016 BMW X1
A gearbox malfunction may cause a loss of vehicle control and increase the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling one model year 2016 MINI Cooper Hardtop 2 Door vehicle manufactured November 24, 2015, and one BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) manufactured October, 19 2015. The steering gearbox may have been manufactured with incorrect parts.
- BMW will replace the steering gearbox, free of charge. Affected vehicles are located in dealer inventory and will be remedied before customer retail. The recall began on December 28, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (9)
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Publish Date: December 28, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Publish Date: December 28, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report# 5 - 2016-Q4
Click a tab for more information.