- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 11 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 13 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- May 20: Woman Says BMW Soft-Close Door Smashed Her Thumb news | 34 days ago
- May 5: BMW N63 Class-Action Lawsuit May Soon Be Settled news | 49 days ago
BMW Recall : Steering Gearbox Malfunction
2016 BMW X1
A gearbox malfunction may cause a loss of vehicle control and increase the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling one model year 2016 MINI Cooper Hardtop 2 Door vehicle manufactured November 24, 2015, and one BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) manufactured October, 19 2015. The steering gearbox may have been manufactured with incorrect parts.
- BMW will replace the steering gearbox, free of charge. Affected vehicles are located in dealer inventory and will be remedied before customer retail. The recall began on December 28, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (9)
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Publish Date: December 28, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Publish Date: December 28, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report# 5 - 2016-Q4
Click a tab for more information.