- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 4 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 11 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 23 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 27 days ago
BMW Recall : Steering Gearbox Malfunction
2016 BMW X1
A gearbox malfunction may cause a loss of vehicle control and increase the risk of a crash.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling one model year 2016 MINI Cooper Hardtop 2 Door vehicle manufactured November 24, 2015, and one BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) manufactured October, 19 2015. The steering gearbox may have been manufactured with incorrect parts.
- BMW will replace the steering gearbox, free of charge. Affected vehicles are located in dealer inventory and will be remedied before customer retail. The recall began on December 28, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (9)
- Recall 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Publish Date: December 28, 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Publish Date: December 28, 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report# 5 - 2016-Q4
Click a tab for more information.