- December 10: UK Authorities Ban BMW i3 Advertisement news | 0 days ago
- December 7: BMW Recalls 3,100 Vehicles to Fix Instrument Panel Lights recalls | 3 days ago
- December 4: BMW N20 and N26 Engine Lawsuit Blames Timing Chains news | 6 days ago
- December 2: BMW Recalls 2014-2018 i3 Electric and Hybrid Cars recalls | 8 days ago
- November 11: South Korea Fines BMW, Mercedes and Porsche Over Emissions news | 29 days ago
2016 BMW X1
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 BMW X1
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 BMW X1 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2016 BMW X1 STEERING:GEAR BOX (OTHER THAN RACK AND PINION) NHTSA Campaign #15V887000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling one model year 2016 MINI Cooper Hardtop 2 Door vehicle manufactured November 24, 2015, and one BMW X1 Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) manufactured October, 19 2015. The steering gearbox may have been manufactured with incorrect parts.
Consequence: A gearbox malfunction may cause a loss of vehicle control and increase the risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will replace the steering gearbox, free of charge. Affected vehicles are located in dealer inventory and will be remedied before customer retail. The recall began on December 28, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V887000 »