- November 21: BMW Recalls M2 and M4 Coupes Over Fuel Systems recalls | 7 days ago
- November 20: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Rearview Camera Problems recalls | 8 days ago
- November 18: BMW Recalls X1, X2 and MINI Cooper Vehicles recalls | 10 days ago
- November 18: BMW Recalls X5, X6 and X7 Vehicles recalls | 10 days ago
- November 17: BMW Recalls 5-Series Cars For Head Airbag Dangers recalls | 11 days ago
BMW Preliminary Evaluation PE07045: BMW AIRBAG LIGHT ILLUMINATION
2006 BMW X3
BMW AIRBAG LIGHT ILLUMINATION
Air Bags:Frontal:Sensor/Control Module
- In certain MY 2005 through MY 2006 BMW vehicles, the occupant classification system (OCS) for the passenger frontal airbag may malfunction and render the passenger airbag inoperative.in June 2006, BMW issued a technical service bulletin (si B 72 02 06) regarding the illumination of the airbag warning light and the passenger airbag status lamp.illumination of these lights warn that an open electrical circuit may be present within the passenger seat mat sensor.when both of the lights are illuminated, the passenger frontal air bag will not deploy in a frontal crash.certain BMW vehicles in addition to the subject vehicles contain the same seat mat sensor.these are the MY 2004 5-series, 7-series and X3, the MY 2004 through 2006Z-4 series and MY 2006 3-series, 6-series and X5 vehicles.an improved seat mat sensor was introduced in December 2005 for the mid-MY 2006 production.in response to ODI's information request letter, BMW provided 1,172 owner reports and 28,238 warranty claims.initial review of the data indicate that 280 non-duplicating owner reports and 13,051 non-duplicating warranty claims may be related the subject defect issue on the subject vehiclesthis preliminary evaluation is being upgraded to an engineering analysis (EA08-001).
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.