- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 1 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 20 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 23 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 26 days ago
- March 18: 2018 BMW X3 SUVs Have Rear Spoilers That Can Detach recalls | 32 days ago
BMW Recall : Front Passenger Seat Occupant Detection Mat Defect
2007 BMW X3
Should the system fail, in the event of a crash, the front passenger air bag would be deactivated, increasing the risk of personal injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2006-2010 BMW X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Sports Activity Vehicles. The front passenger seat occupant detection mat that determines if, and how, the passenger frontal air bag should deploy in a crash may fatigue and develop cracks which could lead to a system failure.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger seat occupant detection mat, free of charge. Interim notices informing owners of the safety risk are expected to be mailed November 20, 2017. Owners will receive a second notice when the remedy becomes available. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (5)
- ISSUED Interim Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Recall 17V-XXX: Front Passenger Air Bag Seat Occupancy Sensor Mat Date: Wednesday, September 27, 2017
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - RECALL 17V-605: FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG SEAT OCCUPANCY SENSOR MAT
Click a tab for more information.