- August 2: BMW Recalls X5 and X7 Vehicles With Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 17 days ago
- July 28: BMW Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed Too Late news | 22 days ago
- July 5: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 45 days ago
- June 16: BMW Recalls X7s For Head Airbag Problems recalls | 64 days ago
- May 26: BMW N63TU Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 85 days ago
BMW Recall : Software Error For Instrument Panel/FMVSS 101
2018 BMW X3
If the display does not illuminate during start up or does not illuminate various control and warning symbols while driving, it can increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 230i, 230i xDrive, M240i, M240i xDrive, M2, and X3 xDrive 30i SAV vehicles. These vehicles may have an error in the software for the instrument panel, causing the display to not properly illuminate. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 101, "Control and Displays."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will update the instrument cluster display software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 8, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.