- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 11 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 33 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 35 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 57 days ago
- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 69 days ago
BMW Recall : Software Error For Instrument Panel/FMVSS 101
2018 BMW X3
If the display does not illuminate during start up or does not illuminate various control and warning symbols while driving, it can increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 230i, 230i xDrive, M240i, M240i xDrive, M2, and X3 xDrive 30i SAV vehicles. These vehicles may have an error in the software for the instrument panel, causing the display to not properly illuminate. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 101, "Control and Displays."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will update the instrument cluster display software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 8, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.