- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 10 days ago
- January 4: BMW Recalls 330i and 330i xDrive For Seat Belt Pretensioner Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- December 22: BMW N63 Engine Problems Cause Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- December 21: BMW Recalls M-Series Vehicles That Unexpectedly Shift Into NEUTRAL recalls | 31 days ago
- December 17: South Korea Finds 6 BMW Fires Were Unrelated to EGR Systems investigations | 35 days ago
BMW Recall : Software Error For Instrument Panel/FMVSS 101
2018 BMW X3
If the display does not illuminate during start up or does not illuminate various control and warning symbols while driving, it can increase the risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Instrument Panel
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 230i, 230i xDrive, M240i, M240i xDrive, M2, and X3 xDrive 30i SAV vehicles. These vehicles may have an error in the software for the instrument panel, causing the display to not properly illuminate. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 101, "Control and Displays."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will update the instrument cluster display software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 8, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.