- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 0 days ago
- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 16 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 38 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 40 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 62 days ago
BMW Recall : Lane Keeping Assist May Not Warn Properly
2019 BMW X3
If the sensors do not properly detect the driver's hands are off the wheel, the driver may not be alerted by one or more warning signals, increasing the risk of a crash.
Lane Departure — Lane Keep — Steering Assist
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018-2019 BMW X3 xDrive30i, X3 sDrive30i, and X3 M40i vehicles equipped with the "Active Lane Keeping Assistant" option. The steering wheel may be incompatible with the lane keeping assistant function and may not detect if the driver's hands are off the wheel.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the steering wheel, replacing it if necessary, free of charge. The recall began on July 19, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.