- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 8 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 30 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 33 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Brake Pedal Arm Pivot Shaft
2001 BMW X5
Eventually, the brake pedal arm could detach from the bracket, rendering the service braking system ineffective, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- On certain passenger vehicles, due to a manufacturing problem, the brake pedal arm pivot shaft could loosen from its support bracket.
- Dealers will check the brake pedal arm pivot shaft for proper seating in its support bracket. In addition, a pin will be installed to secure the shaft to the bracket. Owner notification began August 14, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-332-4269.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.