- July 19: BMW M3 Rod and Main Bearings Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 3 days ago
- June 27: BMW Recalls 51 Vehicles With the Wrong Steering Wheels recalls | 25 days ago
- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 40 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 42 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 46 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Brake Pedal Arm Pivot Shaft
2001 BMW X5
Eventually, the brake pedal arm could detach from the bracket, rendering the service braking system ineffective, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- On certain passenger vehicles, due to a manufacturing problem, the brake pedal arm pivot shaft could loosen from its support bracket.
- Dealers will check the brake pedal arm pivot shaft for proper seating in its support bracket. In addition, a pin will be installed to secure the shaft to the bracket. Owner notification began August 14, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-332-4269.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.