- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- October 13: BMW Excessive Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 4 days ago
- October 3: BMW Recalls X6 Vehicles For Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 14 days ago
- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 27 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 29 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Brake Pedal Arm Pivot Shaft
2001 BMW X5
Eventually, the brake pedal arm could detach from the bracket, rendering the service braking system ineffective, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- On certain passenger vehicles, due to a manufacturing problem, the brake pedal arm pivot shaft could loosen from its support bracket.
- Dealers will check the brake pedal arm pivot shaft for proper seating in its support bracket. In addition, a pin will be installed to secure the shaft to the bracket. Owner notification began August 14, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-332-4269.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.