- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 6 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 23 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 49 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 56 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 56 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Engine Auxiliary/Cooling Fan
2001 BMW X5
If this were to occur, engine overheating and subsequent engine damage could result. In addition, it is possible for the failure of the electrical circuitry to cause a fire in the fan control unit located in the front of the engine compartment.
Engine And Engine Cooling — Cooling System — Fan
- Vehicle description: Passenger vehicles. The engine auxiliary/cooling fan operation, including variable speed, is electronically controlled. Failure of the fan motor can cause the electrical circuitry of the fan control unit to overload and fail, causing the fan to stop operating.
- Dealers will replace the fan. Owner notification began September 28, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (8)
Click a tab for more information.