- October 16: BMW Hybrid Battery Recall: Don't Charge The Battery recalls | 11 days ago
- October 4: BMW Korea Offices Raided Over Car Fires news | 23 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls 740Li, 740 Li xDrive, 750Li xDrive, M760Li xDrive and Alpina B7 recalls | 35 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X3 sDrive40i, X3 xDrive40i and X3M40i recalls | 35 days ago
- September 22: BMW Recalls X5 sDrive40i, X5 xDrive40i, X5 xDrive50i and X6M recalls | 35 days ago
BMW TSB #B270216
2003 BMW X5
Affected Component: ELECTRONIC STABILITY CONTROL:AUTOMATIC (ASC)
- "REPAIRING TRANSFER CASE ACTUATOR (VTG SERVO-MOTOR). The Anti-lock Brakes (ABS), Brakes and Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) warnings are on and there may also be a ""Drivetrain Malfunction"" warning on in the Control Display. There is also an audible clicking noise coming from the transfer case actuator when cycling the ignition. The following fault codes may be stored: (DSC) 5F3A - Clutch gearbox-ECU: clutch is open - rear-wheel drive! (VTG) 5463 - Break mechanics (VTG) 5462 - Error actuator or increased power requirements for clutch (VTG) 5461 - Error actuator control Internal wear to the plastic gears of the transfer case actuator."
Click a tab for more information.