- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- October 13: BMW Excessive Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 4 days ago
- October 3: BMW Recalls X6 Vehicles For Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 14 days ago
- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 27 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 29 days ago
BMW Recall : Incorrect Tire Pressure Label
2011 BMW X5
Improper tire inflation can result in premature tire failure or reduced vehicle handling performance, either of which can increase the risk of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- BMW is recalling certain model year 2011 X5 sav and X6 sav passenger vehicles manufactured from April 1 through May 8, 2010. The tire label does not conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." The vehicles are equipped with 20-inch wheels, but the label states that the vehicles were equipped with 19-inch wheels and the stated tire pressure is incorrect for the equipped wheels.
- BMW will notify owners and provide correct labels free of charge. The owner will have the option to affix the label themselves or they may take their vehicle to a BMW dealer who will affix the label for them at no cost. The safety recall began on October 8, 2010. Owners may contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.