- August 2: BMW Recalls X5 and X7 Vehicles With Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 19 days ago
- July 28: BMW Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed Too Late news | 24 days ago
- July 5: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 47 days ago
- June 16: BMW Recalls X7s For Head Airbag Problems recalls | 66 days ago
- May 26: BMW N63TU Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 87 days ago
BMW Recall : Risk Of Shock Or Fire From Charging Cable
2018 BMW X5
An electrical shock or a fire can increase the risk of injury or death.
Equipment — Electrical
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 BMW 330e iPerformance, i3 Rex, i3 Sport Rex, X5 xDrive40e, i3 BEV, i3 Sport BEV and 2019 i8 and i8 Roadster vehicles and 2018-2019 530e iPerformance, 530e xDrive iPerformance and 740Le xDrive iPerformance vehicles. Capacitors within the TurboCord Portable Chargers may fail, possibly resulting in a shock hazard or a fire.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the charging cable, and replace it if necessary, free of charge. The recall began February 22, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.