- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 5 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 12 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 24 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 24 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 28 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Electric Fuel Pump Vapor Lock
2004 BMW Z4
If stalling were to occur, the driver would be unable to maintain vehicle speed or accelerate, increasing the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Fuel Pump
- On certain passenger vehicles, under certain environmental conditions, a vapor lock in the fuel pump could occur causing the engine to stall. If this were to happen, the engine would not be able to be restarted for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dealers will install a resistor in the electrical line powering the fuel pump in order to prevent an occurrence of vapor lock. The recall began May 11, 2004. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.