- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 5 days ago
- October 13: BMW Excessive Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 7 days ago
- October 3: BMW Recalls X6 Vehicles For Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 17 days ago
- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 30 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 32 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Electric Fuel Pump Vapor Lock
2004 BMW Z4
If stalling were to occur, the driver would be unable to maintain vehicle speed or accelerate, increasing the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Fuel Pump
- On certain passenger vehicles, under certain environmental conditions, a vapor lock in the fuel pump could occur causing the engine to stall. If this were to happen, the engine would not be able to be restarted for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dealers will install a resistor in the electrical line powering the fuel pump in order to prevent an occurrence of vapor lock. The recall began May 11, 2004. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.