- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 4 days ago
- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 16 days ago
- December 29: BMW Fires Earn Automaker $10 Million Fine news | 25 days ago
- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 42 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 59 days ago
BMW Recall : Electric Power Steering
2012 BMW Z4
Sudden loss of steering assistance may increase the steering effort required to control the direction of a vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- BMW is recalling certain model year 2011 1-series active E and model year 2012 Z4 vehicles. Variations in electrical current may occur within the electric power steering assistance system, leading to sudden loss of power steering assistance.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering assistance module, free of charge. The safety recall began during July 2012. Owners may contact BMW customer relations at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.