- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 7 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 14 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 26 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 30 days ago
BMW Recall : Electric Power Steering
2012 BMW Z4
Sudden loss of steering assistance may increase the steering effort required to control the direction of a vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- BMW is recalling certain model year 2011 1-series active E and model year 2012 Z4 vehicles. Variations in electrical current may occur within the electric power steering assistance system, leading to sudden loss of power steering assistance.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering assistance module, free of charge. The safety recall began during July 2012. Owners may contact BMW customer relations at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.