- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 6 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 8 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- May 20: Woman Says BMW Soft-Close Door Smashed Her Thumb news | 29 days ago
- May 5: BMW N63 Class-Action Lawsuit May Soon Be Settled news | 44 days ago
BMW Recall : Electric Power Steering
2012 BMW Z4
Sudden loss of steering assistance may increase the steering effort required to control the direction of a vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- BMW is recalling certain model year 2011 1-series active E and model year 2012 Z4 vehicles. Variations in electrical current may occur within the electric power steering assistance system, leading to sudden loss of power steering assistance.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering assistance module, free of charge. The safety recall began during July 2012. Owners may contact BMW customer relations at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.