- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 0 days ago
- September 3: BMW To Pay Germany Millions For Using Wrong Software news | 15 days ago
- August 22: BMW Emissions Lawsuit Is Without Facts, Says BMW news | 27 days ago
- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 34 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 41 days ago
BMW Recall : Excessive Neck Tension-Extension Force/FMVSS 208
2017 BMW i3
During a frontal impact, unbelted, small adult, drivers could be at a higher risk of neck injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014-2018 BMW i3 electric and hybrid electric vehicles. Unbelted, small adult, drivers may be at a higher risk of neck injury in the event of a frontal crash. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will update the Driver air bag control unit software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 8, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at the dedicated i3 recall number 1-855-269-3361.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Miscellaneous Document - December 14, 2017 - ISTA 4.09.13 Software Release Information Required for i3 Recall 17V-720
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Non-compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 208
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 16, 2017 - Delivery Stop & Recall 17V-XXX: i3 Frontal Impact Performance
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
Click a tab for more information.