- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 15 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 37 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 39 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 61 days ago
- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 73 days ago
BMW Recall : Risk Of Shock Or Fire From Charging Cable
2018 BMW i3
An electrical shock or a fire can increase the risk of injury or death.
Equipment — Electrical
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 BMW 330e iPerformance, i3 Rex, i3 Sport Rex, X5 xDrive40e, i3 BEV, i3 Sport BEV and 2019 i8 and i8 Roadster vehicles and 2018-2019 530e iPerformance, 530e xDrive iPerformance and 740Le xDrive iPerformance vehicles. Capacitors within the TurboCord Portable Chargers may fail, possibly resulting in a shock hazard or a fire.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the charging cable, and replace it if necessary, free of charge. The recall began February 22, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.