ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

4.5

2013 Cadillac ATS electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac ATS:

2013 Cadillac ATS Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 262017

ATS

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Ats. While driving, the radio, air conditioner, heating system, and windshield defrosters became inoperable. The contact stated that the failures occurred twice. The vehicle was taken to North county Buick and Cadillac (1515 auto park way N, escondido, ca 92029, (760) 515-3511) where it was diagnosed that the radio needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The contact was offered a discount towards the replacement of the radio. The approximate failure mileage was 72,000.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jun 022018

ATS

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Ats. The contact stated that the cruise control failed to operate when engaged. In addition, the heating and air conditioning failed to operate correctly and the sun roof switch failed to open or close the sun roof completely. The vehicle was taken to gold coast Cadillac (2123 NJ-35, oakhurst, NJ 07755, (732) 695-1400), but no assistance was offered. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failures. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Spring Lake, NJ, USA

Apr 262018

ATS

Warning lights & bells came on stearing and major system failure muscled car off the road frighting, if express way would have been a disaster! fortunately only going 30 miles per two lane road

- Livonia, MI, USA

Aug 012015

ATS 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Ats. The contact stated that there were several progressing failures within months of owning the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to several independent mechanics who diagnosed that the intake O2 sensor may be the cause of the failures, but no data was found. The contact stated that there were electrical failures, the TPMS warning indicator kept illuminating, the vehicle was idling roughly, and there was a leak in the rear axle. In addition, an independent mechanic stated that there was a misfire on cylinder three. The dealer (peninsula Chevrolet, 4 heitzinger plaza, seaside, ca 93955, (831) 275-0933) diagnosed that there was a low rate of pressure in cylinder four. The manufacturer had been notified for months and was unable to provide a permanent solution. The manufacturer opted to refuse a buy back or trade in. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Seaside, CA, USA

Jul 012017

ATS

2 sets of brand new micihlen tires were mounted onto my vehicle old tires were still in good shape but I was getting a rubbing sound from the tires after having the tires replace I'm still getting the same issue this sounds is more noticeable at a acceleration speed. (brakes are good) also with the lane departure it will go off at random times when I'm no where knew going over the street lines...

- Manahawkin, NJ, USA

Apr 072017

ATS

Every other day the cue unit would loose sensibility, at first it would not recognize the bottom part of the screen, followed instructions on resetting the system still would not work couple of days later the whole screen would not work.

- Leesburg, VA, USA

May 282017

ATS

The cue system the touch screen to the information doesn't work in car. This screen contains heater and cooling info and setting, radio and navigation operations. The screen is frozen.

- Chillicothe, OH, USA

Oct 142016

ATS

On my 2013 Cadillac Ats premium model my Cadillac cue system touch screen isn't working I've only had this car for three days from a dealer. I am not able to control the navigation system, the weather, radio settings, my climate control, and bluetooth. By researching on the internet I found that this is a very very very common problem with Cadillac in their touch screen technology.

- Bridgeville, DE, USA

Aug 232016

ATS

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Ats. The contact stated that the Cadillac user experience (cue) system failed without warning. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the cue system needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 60,000.

- Schertz, TX, USA

Jul 262016

ATS

My sunroof will not close while parked my car did not start. The gauges and lights came on, but the car would not start while parked my defrost doesn't work on the front window when raining. The windshield is foggy while driving

- Novi, MI, USA

Dec 152015

ATS

I wanted to provide additional information relative to recall no. 15299. This recall effected Cadillac Ats rear defrosters. The "fix" was to add software controls that minimized the risk of fire to some owner, but it certainly did not eliminate the risk. In fact I pointed out to Cadillac last year that there were still controls strategies that would could result in a fire. Meaning for some owners the recall would do nothing to minimize the risk of fire. When I expressed this to Cadillac they immediately stopped responding to my emails (attached). Since then Cadillac has quietly implemented an actual fix to the weak connectors. But they are not issuing this fix to all owners. Only to ones that complain about to lost features. Since this actual fix eliminates instead of reducing the life safety risk it must be added to the original recall.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Oct 052015

ATS

On both my Cadillac's, the que system is defective and is a safety hazard. If I have the que system set to either radio screen or navigation screens and I make a blue- tooth call. The display starts in either the radio screen or the nav screen. When I make the call, the screen changes to the telephone screen which is fine. But when I hang up, the screen remains in the telephone screen positon. I have to manually reach over, fumble around to find the icon to return it to the original position. This is dangerous and a safety problem and concern. It happened every time I make a call and I'm afraid this is going to cause an accident.

- Commerce, MI, USA

May 052015

ATS

There is an automatic lock feature on this vehicle. If the key is left in the car, the driver's door is to remain unlocked. On May 5th 2015, this feature malfunctioned and locked all doors. The safety complaint I have is that my 19 month old baby was in the car when this happened. Fortunately, I was in my driveway and was able to locate my spare key within minutes and get her out. I live in AZ. If this were to happen away from home on a hot summer day, the outcome could have ended up in fatality. Please suggest a recall so this can never happen to anyone.

- Casa Grande, AZ, USA

Feb 052014

ATS

I have had 4 recalls on my Ats since purchase June 2013. Starting 2/5/14 with only 3308mi taken the car in several times for squeaking sound when backing out of my garage complained after fourth visit with the same complaint and listening to the dealer to say that was normal final on 5th visit on 12/10/14 7960mi final solve the problem. Several complaints about when back windows are roll down there is a loud squealing sound that hurts your ear and distract your driving again I was told that was normal how can that be normal when you can't roll back window down for fresh air. All so complained about losing radio signal on several occasions penske reprogrammed. Replaced weather strip around front doors driver& pass side 8/20/14 6521mi. Several complaints about how rough the engine runs when stop at red light on 12/10/14 reprogrammed engine. Is there any safety station I can take my car for safety check. I am afraid to even drive this car on the freeway at high speed. I paid over $37,000 the car has been in the shop more than the previous car I was driving which was 2001 Buick Lesabre. I don't feel that penske Cadillac is being honest with problem I was told that the loud noise from driving is coming from exhaust system. Please advise on where I can go to get a second opinion without voiding my warranty. What is the lemon law regarding these issues? I really don't feel that I brought a new car by all the trouble this car is giving me. Back and forth for repairs.

- Gardena, CA, USA

Feb 282014

ATS 4-cyl

I was driving down the street and the car turned completely off and then I panicked, hit the clutch, put the car in neutral, and hit the start button twice to restart the car. I took it into the dealership and they told me they couldn't find an issue after driving the car for 2.2 miles. They advised me to continue driving the car and risk my safety on the road. The consumer stated he took the vehicle to the repair shop three times, for the same issue.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Feb 012014

ATS

Turned car off. Started 5 mins later moved just a couple miles and hour and power steering and power brakes went out. Turned car off and worked after that.

- West Warwick, RI, USA

Apr 082014

ATS

The vehicle stalled while sitting in neutral, waiting at a red light. The air conditioning was running. The engine runs so quietly that from inside the vehicle I would not have been able to tell the engine had shut off if the A/C had not stopped blowing. I restarted the vehicle and an alert came on the dash screen stating: Service power steering, drive with care. I was approximately 3/4 of a mile from my home coming downhill on a quiet neighborhood street so I carefully drove the vehicle home and parked in the garage while I called the service department at my local Cadillac dealership. He told me the power steering is controlled by the electrical system may have glitched when I restarted the vehicle and not been activated. He said I could restart the vehicle after 30 seconds and the power steering should function properly again. He told me if there is an issue I can have GM tow the vehicle in, or if the power steering begins to function again I can drive it in to have it serviced. Once I restarted the vehicle the power steering was functioning properly. I will be having Cadillac look at the vehicle this afternoon.

- Temecula, CA, USA

Jan 092013

ATS

I have two issues to report that may be a safety concern: 1) there have been multiple times when driving in wet conditions (rain/snow) where I will get a 'power steering failure' warning. When this happens the power steering does one of two things. It either almost locks up and becomes extremely hard to turn the wheel, or it will still move easily, but it won't auto center when making turns. I have reported this to the dealer and they said it was a bad steering angle sensor. They replaced the sensor but the issue is not resolved and now that it's snowing it's happening more and more consistently. 2) there have been 3 cases where I was driving and coming to a stop and the car will just randomly shut down. I lose all ability to steer (since it's electric steering) and brake. This stall is different then a stall associated misuse of the clutch. The clutch has been pressed in all the way in when this happens and the car doesn't shutter like a clutch stall, just totally shuts down quietly. Luckily there has not been an accident yet, but if this happens when there are multiple cars around me it will be difficulty to avoid one.

- Rochester, NY, USA

Oct 202013

ATS 4-cyl

Vehicle headlights with the hid option do not always align properly causing one side, either left or right on occasion to aim higher than the other. This issue seems to be happening when the vehicle headlight selection is in the auto mode and the key fob or ignition button is used. This has become a nuisance because I must constantly park by a wall to make sure the headlights have aligned properly before driving off and blinding oncoming traffic. The calibration cycle seems to be faulty and I have been to two dealers with no resolve. I am also working with Cadillac customer service and am hoping for a quick solution. This issue may blind oncoming traffic and I must stop and restart the car numerous times to get the headlight cycle to align the lights.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jun 202013

ATS 4-cyl

When coasting to come to a stop the vehicle engine will stall/turn off. This has happened numerous times since the first incident in June. This is a 6 speed manual transmission equipped vehicle, and the transmission is either in neutral or the clutch pedal is depressed so that the engine/transmission are decoupled. I have been able to watch the tachometer when it has stalled twice, and then the engine just shuts off, very abruptly (no shaking, or noise). It has also happened when slowing to take a turn with the clutch pedal depressed, which is very difficult to get back started as you are trying to drive and not cause an accident (plus the steering wheel locks). I have reported this to the dealer, and they have tried to diagnose it, however no fix has happened. It will normally stall about once every week or so, it is very intermittent. The dealer went as far as to blame me for stalling the vehicle, they said I didn't disengage the clutch at a high enough RPM which is completely untrue and regardless the car was in neutral and I was coasting to a stop (therefore it would be impossible to stall the vehicle in gear). I am not the only one with this issue, there have been numerous people on forums complaining of the same issue. My car is currently in the lemon process with the BBB autoline program as this has happened multiple times. Dealer/GM can not duplicate the issue and has no idea what the problem is.

- Miami, FL, USA