- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 61 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 67 days ago
- September 30: Cadillac CTS Heated Seats Cause Recall After Car Catches Fire recalls | 77 days ago
Cadillac Recall 15299: Rear Defogger Coil Antenna Module May Overheat
2015 Cadillac ATS
If the coil antenna generates excessive heat, there is an increased risk of a fire.
Visibility — Defroster/Defogger System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2016 Cadillac ATS sedan vehicles manufactured April 23, 2012, to September 2, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the coil antenna module that powers the rear defogger system may generate excessive heat due to excessive cycling or continuous operation.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the Electronic Climate Control module to remove the automatic rear defogger "on" function, free of charge. The recall began on October 16, 2015. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. GM's number for this recall is 15299.
- Documents (19)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: 15299A – Safety Recall Driver Side Rear Pillar Interior Fires Revised Service Procedure and Customer letter added
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15299A Date: October 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall 15299
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 15299 - Safety Recall – Release from Stop Delivery Upon Completion of Recall Driver Side Rear Pillar Interior Fires
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15299 Date: September 2015
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3872 Date: December 10, 2015 Subject: 15299B – Safety Recall Driver Side Rear Pillar Interior Fires Revised Owner Manual Insert and Correction
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Remedy Instructions and TSBTSB - Bulletin No.: 15299B Date: December 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) ...
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15299C Date: November 2017
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15299D Date: February 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 1, 2018
Click a tab for more information.