- January 31: Cadillac CTS-V Sport Recall Issued After Wheels Lock Up recalls | 24 days ago
- January 5: Cadillac XLR Retractable Roof Investigation Closes investigations | 50 days ago
- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 56 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 67 days ago
- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 76 days ago
Cadillac Recall 15299: Rear Defogger Coil Antenna Module May Overheat
2016 Cadillac ATS
If the coil antenna generates excessive heat, there is an increased risk of a fire.
Visibility — Defroster/Defogger System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2016 Cadillac ATS sedan vehicles manufactured April 23, 2012, to September 2, 2015. In the affected vehicles, the coil antenna module that powers the rear defogger system may generate excessive heat due to excessive cycling or continuous operation.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the Electronic Climate Control module to remove the automatic rear defogger "on" function, free of charge. The recall began on October 16, 2015. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006. GM's number for this recall is 15299.
- Documents (19)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: 15299A – Safety Recall Driver Side Rear Pillar Interior Fires Revised Service Procedure and Customer letter added
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15299A Date: October 2015
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall 15299
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 15299 - Safety Recall – Release from Stop Delivery Upon Completion of Recall Driver Side Rear Pillar Interior Fires
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Bulletin No.: 15299 Date: September 2015
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS3872 Date: December 10, 2015 Subject: 15299B – Safety Recall Driver Side Rear Pillar Interior Fires Revised Owner Manual Insert and Correction
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Remedy Instructions and TSBTSB - Bulletin No.: 15299B Date: December 2015
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) ...
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-4
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15299C Date: November 2017
- Safety Bulletin - Bulletin No.: 15299D Date: February 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: February 1, 2018
Click a tab for more information.