2017 Cadillac CT6 transmission problems: rough shifting

Rough Shifting

2017 Cadillac CT6

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Cadillac dealer.

8.0

2017 Cadillac CT6 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Cadillac CT6:

2017 Cadillac CT6 Owner Comments

May 152017

CT6 3.0tt

This transmission in this car is terrible, it reminds me of my Lexus GS 300 that was recalled. I was given a settlement for the car that will jumps, jerk, and take off without your control. This is a big problem and I hate this car. Cadillac need to fixtures problem..Maybe this is part of the reason why they are getting rid of this car in their lineup. I think they need to give me the new CT six the sport for free.

Update from Jan 23, 2019: After the shifting problems, I took the car for service. The car is driving better but shift hard out of first gear from slow start. The car is awesome with all the bells and whistles. My original complaint was felled with frustration. I’m happy with the car over all and service took care of problem. You want go wrong with this car. A head turner. And fast.

- Mark W., Columbia, SC, US

May 242017

CT6 Luxury V6

The 8L transmission on the 2017 Cadillac CT6 has proven to be the vehicle's weakness and its performance makes it an extremely unpleasant car to drive. Shift points become corrupted, shifts between 1 and 2 can be violent and downshifts cause the vehicle to pulsate as it coasts to a stop.

- threeonefiverwm, Rochester, US