ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

8.3

1. headlight replacement (3 reports)
2012 Cadillac SRX lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Cadillac SRX:

2012 Cadillac SRX Owner Comments

Dec 302017

SRX Premium

I purchased this vehicle in January of 2017. Owning a Cadillac is a dream car. Love the color, low miles, but when I got home, the passenger side headlight appeared to have condensation. I called the dealership, but they appeared to be unaware of this problem. Salesman said to take it to their body guy on Monday..I live in Tampa, and the dealership is in New Port Ricky, not close. So I prayed it would get better..then while driving with family in Atlanta in May for a personal event, the headlight went out. Bummer...now they want to charge me $1400 to replace. I will not buy from them again. I gotta get this repaired, plan on driving mom to Texas to see family. Smh. I am not going to put the dealership’s name in this, but I only wanted service. I purchased the suv in good faith that I was spending a lot of money to get a good, reliable vehicle, especially Cadillac. I see more owners have had this issue but no one has rendered their aide. So mote be, is there any help for this poor widowers son, let me know. Flp

- Frederick P., Tampa, FL, US

Aug 302017

SRX Performance 3.6L

HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLY SEAL FAILED. BURNT OUT LOW AND HIGH BEAM. WAS TOLD BY DEALER THIS IS A FAIRLY COMMON ISSUE ON THE CADILLAC SRX. WAS QUOTED $1400 TO REPLACE HEADLAMP ASSEMBLY. WAS TOLD THAT WAS THE ONLY FIX. DECIDED JUST TO REPLACE BULB AT $250.00. COULD NOT BELIEVE IN A 4 YEAR OLD HIGH END VEHICLE.

- Bryan W., Denison, TX, US

Oct 302017

SRX

I just purchased a 2012 Cadillac SRX with 70,000 miles. The passenger side headlight filled with with water during the first rain with the vehicle parked outside. I am reading that the light is very expensive (approx $1200) since it is the adaptive type. I purchased additional warranty with vehicle but the dealer wants me to wait on the claim stating it makes the look bad to have a claim this early on a vehicle they just sold. I'm convinced after reading the other complaints online that the new light will have the same manufacturing defect and eventually fail. I want this issue corrected by GM at no charge. This is the only solution which will satisfy. I will not purchase another GM product until this issue is addressed and corrected.

- Travis S., Greenville, US

Oct 022017

SRX Premium

Was driving home from work on the highway and both headlights went out, including high beam. I live in the country with very few street lights so was very difficult to see. There is noticeable moisture/condensation in the lights. After research, this is obviously a very common problem in this vehicle. I called Cadillac and of course it is my responsibility and there is no recall. I did see there is a lawsuit with same issue. It needs to be a recall before someone gets killed.

- Wendy L., Natalia, US

Feb 102016

SRX Luxury V6

This is the 3rd SRX that I purchased new since 2004. The first two were great cars but this one is showing how far Cadillac's quality and customer care are falling. Since the warranty expired several failures that have occurred that, in my opinion, should only happen when the car is much older or have much more mileage. The air conditioning has failed (at 65K miles), rear view camera failed (70K miles) and the headlight seal failed (70K miles). Cadillac's customer service (or lack thereof) shows no interest in taking care of these problems.

I had planned to buy one of the new Cadillac XT5s until it became very apparent that Cadillac does not stand behind their product or care about their longtime, loyal customers. Will be replacing this vehicle with a new BMW X5.

- Joseph L., Flower Mound, TX, USA

Feb 012016

SRX Performance 3.6L V6

Condensation accumulating inside 2012 SRX driver's side headlamp and light went out. Dried out, now light works again. The dealer ran diagnostics and found nothing wrong with electric or ballast, but said my light was fading and needed to be replaced. Said my $3,000 extended warranty would not cover water accumulating in the headlamp even if the seal/gasket is faulty, after all, it is now a four year old vehicle. Original warranty expired end of November.

There seems to be more items in the GM/Cadillac extended warranty that isn't covered than is. So now, I am out the money for the warranty and had to pay $368 to get the headlight replaced and was given to understand that if water accumulates again and I need another bulb, I get to start this process over again and then I will need to spend an additional $1000 to $1200 to have the headlamp replaced. This is obviously a recurring theme with the SRX and GM will not stand behind their product or the warranty the dealer is selling.

- Carlene G., Soddy Daisy, TN, USA