3.6

1997 Cadillac SeVille miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Cadillac SeVille:

1997 Cadillac SeVille Owner Comments

May 152003

SeVille

I bought a used car with an extended warranty. A week later the fuel switch went out. I had to spend $80 to get that fixed at the same dealership. After a few weeks the turing switch started smoking so I took it to different dealership to get check out and they fixed it for $100 (co pay) while my car was being fixed they found a major oil leak and asked me if I would like to see if my warranty would fix it. The warrenty people came out and said no we are not going to pay the $1,500 -$2,500 to fix it. The car needs to go back to where you bought it so they can fix the car because the leak was preexisting. At that time I went and talked to one of the owners. He said he would look into it and advised me to go and let the service manager take a look at the car. Come to find out the used car lot knew about the leak and did not tell me at the time of sale otherwise I would not have bought the car. I was told by the service manager that the sales department may pay to get it fixed and they declined. I am now stuck with a $320 a month payment on a car that I can't drive very much until the leak is fixed. I would like to get my old car back that I traded in. I was told that I would be able to under the used car lemon law act. One more note I also need to get the steering colum repaired that would be another $210 and I work for the company I bought the car from.

- Junction City, OR, USA

Oct 221997

SeVille

Instrument panel can not be seen when weather is cloudy, the lighting can only be turned on by the sensor, the design does not allow consumer to adjust manually.

- Unknown, UN, USA