ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2013 Cadillac XTS brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac XTS:

2013 Cadillac XTS Owner Comments

Nov 232016

XTS Platinum V6

While operating the vehicle at approximately 20-25 MPH on a city street, the auto braking system suddenly applied the brakes, stopping the vehicle in the middle of the street, and shutting down the engine.

When I brought it to the attention of my Cadillac dealer, they acknowledged the condition by offering me a free extended bumper to bumper warranty, which I accepted, but told them I was not satisfied with the fact they could not "recreate" the problem, and therefore were unable to make a repair. Obviously, myself and my family are not very comfortable when traveling in this vehicle.

Besides this obvious dangerous condition, the vehicle has been in the shop multiple times for warranty work. I contacted Cadillac customer service and told them I was very uneasy about operating this "dangerous lemon" of a vehicle, and as a FIVE time Cadillac purchaser, wanted some relief. I was offered a "supplier" discount on the purchase of a new GM vehicle.

Sorry, but a "phony" discount is not what I would consider a satisfactory solution to a major safety issue.

- Robert C., Delray Beach, US