2013 Cadillac XTS electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac XTS:

2013 Cadillac XTS Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 032021

XTS

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac XTS. The contact stated while driving 15 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact stated no warning light was illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the local dealer where it was diagnosed with nothing needing to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact then stated 3 months later, the vehicle stalled again. The vehicle was then taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed with the radio module needing to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred a month later. The contact then took the vehicle back to the dealer where it was diagnosed with the battery needing to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred four months later. The contact then took the vehicle back to dealer where it was diagnosed with the radio needing to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure persisted. The vehicle was then taken back to the dealer for the fourth time where it was diagnosed with an unknown fuse needing to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer had not been informed of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 72,435.

- Gardendale, AL, USA

Jul 152019

XTS

Left brake light repaired numerous times- under and after warranty, still not working. Cue system cracked post warranty not usable, navagation hazzard, backup hazzard does not allow for hands free driving. This is a common issue, should be a recall as replacement is very costly and the problem repeats with the replacement item cue.

- Goodrich, MI, USA

Jan 082021

XTS

The battery cable, specifically the positive one, does not conduct the electricity from the fully charged battery to the started, leaving the car to not start, or take multiple attempts to start. Even though the battery if fully charged, the volts making it to the care are 9-10 volts. Voltmeter suggests that there are 12 volts in battery, but only about 9 in the positive cable. I'm told this is a common issue in these models, and that it's due to a loosely wound cable.

- Millcreek, UT, USA

Aug 282020

XTS

I purchased this car in December, 2019. The first problem is that they had to changed the radio. The second problem with the car is that the hazard 4-way flasher stopped working and was on permanently and because of that it killed the car battery. I called the Cadillac dealer and they told me to bring the car in. I git it jumped start and took it in that was in August, 2020. They told me the switch was no longer good and needs to be changed. It cost me over $400 to be fixed. On the day I picked up the car I noticed it a signed on the dash but I did not know what it meant but the car started to bounce. The following day I was on my way to NY from NY so I took lots of highway, from 287, rt 80 and so on into long branch, NY. On my way I almost lost my life because the car was bouncing out of control. I called the dealer and reported what had happened. Matthew told me to bring back the car to see what happed. I left the car for couple of days I think it was 8/28/2020. He called me on 9/1/2020 to let me know that the air suspension control module had failed and it would cost me over $1700 to be fixed. Since that time the car has been sitting in my drive way and cannot drive because I do not have that money to get it fix. The car only had 56,000 miles on it and that should not have happen. Does this car has a defect and should be recalled? I am paying car payment and insurance for a defected car. Please let me know what I should do here. I have uploaded the odometer reading and the statement from the dealer. Thank you

- Haskell, NJ, USA

Sep 012020

XTS

Vehicle radio and dashboard is completely blackout, started flashing and later went black in a month time.

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Jul 252020

XTS

While driving the airbag light came on I took it to the dealership to have it check they said the passenger airbag need a new module and also while driving the hazards light came on and also came on while park in my driveway

- Jackson, TN, USA

Apr 222019

XTS

I have a warning service side detection on my dic and I took it to the Cadillac dealership and they want to charge me $1500 to change a module in the rear bumper. They know that this a common issue with a lot of GM vehicles especially Cadillac. I want to file a complaint against this and ask for a recall because I was told that if I don't fix this issue it will stop other things in vehicle from working like the brakes or steering while driving the car. This is very dangerous and I wish something is done about this before someone gets hurt over this issue that is widely known from GM. Thank you for your time and god bless.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Feb 222020

XTS

For the last few days, the car has been losing all electrical power. Most recently the car lost power while driving. All other times the car was stationary. Have not driven it since Saturday 02/22/20, when died while driving.

- Denver, CO, USA

Dec 302019

XTS

The cue screen has gone black for the second time within a year. I initially thought it was a defect with the screen itself the first time around. I took it to prestige Cadillac and had it replaced. Everything worked fine until about 2 weeks ago when it went out again. Not only did the screen go out again, but all the steering wheel controls and my turn signals. I took it to prestige again and they told me it was the radio receiver which costs $800+ to replace. I suggested they look into the electrical system and they said it would be $650 to get a diagnosis, and repairs could be in excess of 2K. I'm appalled that I should even have to keep paying for this faulty vehicle. I didn't build it!

- Detroit, MI, USA

Sep 192019

XTS

Here's an excerpt from an email I sent to mary barra at GM and steve carlisle at Cadillac... this particular Cadillac has a problem. You've known about it ever since 2014 and have done everything to avoid owning and fixing it. I'm referring to the touch screen on (almost) all of your cars from model years 2013 through 2018. Not only does the navigation system no longer work but Cadillac owners can't access the radio, heat/cool controls, fan control, defrost settings, etc. This becomes a huge safety issue when I have to take my eyes off the road to try alternative measures. I can't even use the car's phone icon in emergencies. Fix the problem with the touch screen. The message you're sending to current and future used Cadillac owners is not in your best future business interests. You're also putting all Cadillac owners in jeopardy. If the Cadillac name and reputation doesn't mean anything to you then why should I, again, buy a Cadillac for my next car. You're killing an american icon.

- Brimfield, MA, USA

Sep 092018

XTS

The vehicle will suddenly shut down. This happened while driving in traffic. The whole car just stopped. With no control, I was able to pull off the side of highway. The flashers was the only thing working. From time to time it would appear that the battery was dead but it was a new battery. My fear is that the the will do this on the interstate. Also, the glove compartment does not work.

- Griffin, GA, USA

Sep 022018

XTS

The cue system in my car does not work and has not worked since September, 2018. This affects the navigation system, phone system, climate controls (heating and cooling), radio and weather channel. Right now the system is frozen. This issue has been know by Cadillac since 2013.

Apr 052019

XTS

6 months after I purchased this vehicle the cue system completely stop functioning so I had that replaced at lee Chevrolet costing around $1000. Now the rear shocks are stuck in the upward position causing a ride similar to a gocart. This is going to be my last repair on this vehicle then it will be no more Cadillac's for me. This vehicle only has about 80,000 miles on it so I feel GM should have a recall on these cars im sure they know about all of these issues with a car costing $50,000 plus when it was new.

- Washington, NC, USA

Sep 062018

XTS

The Cadillac electric cue system screen malfunctions causing the operational system to shut down. This involves the heating, navigation system etc... this has been an ongoing issue with Cadillac since 2013. The only way that they will repair the system if it is under warranty.

Oct 222018

XTS

Brakes squeal when vehicle placed in reverse on inital movement after setting all night (interstate battery) battery drained totally dead after 1 year of service on new battery. Car was driven to store, parked, after shopping the car was dead would not crank. Nothing was left on to drain-----mechanic said it was inherant on some vehicles.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Sep 062018

XTS

The navigation system in my 2013 Cadillac Xts is inoperative. Cadillac has known about this issues since 2013. The screen cracks and the navigation and heater controls do not function. You can see some of the complaints on this website - www.freshcadillac.com/-cue-touch-screen-not-working

Aug 252018

XTS

In the last two years the car randomly has a complete power failure and loss of power and electrical while driving. Without warning the engine shuts down and all lights, dash panel, power steering, power brakes, etc completely shut down requiring the car to coast to a stop and put into park at which time the car will restart. This has happened approximately 10 times in the last two years. The dealership informed me it was an issue with the battery and replaced but occurred again a month later and they had no codes to indicate what was happening. On two occasions the car lost power in heavy traffic and wouldn't start for 10 minutes at which time it suddenly had power with the radio and lights turning on again. Looking online I've found numerous issues similar to mine with 2013 models but no fixes have been found. This is extremely dangerous to have happen driving in heavy traffic and suddenly have no power, especially without power steering or brakes requiring longer stopping distances, and time to attempt to steer to the shoulder.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Aug 172018

XTS 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Cadillac Xts. The contact stated that the touch pad on the instrument panel failed to operate. The vehicle was taken to fitzgerald Cadillac annapolis (34 hudson St, annapolis, md 21401, (301) 261-8246) where the contact was informed that the touch screen needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 19,000.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Jul 212018

XTS

Battery issues. Took vehicle to dealer and they stated vehicle needed new battery since I dont drive it long distance. Battery replaced at no charge. 6 months later same issue. Car wont start battery dead. Took vehicle back to dealer who stated that since I only drive it about 10 miles a day the vehicle drains the battery because of all the electrical components. This is a issue I believe Cadillac is awate of and nneds to fix. Or when selling the vehicle should of told me if I dont drive long distance then I should be the car or the electrical system wont work. My other issue is that once the car is off if something is drainingbthe battery it can cause a fire.

- New Bedford, MA, USA

Jun 122018

XTS

Radio, navigation, cd, any media connection: Cannot access anything except the 5 saved stations can be accessed by the controls on the steering wheel. Power windows: On two occasions we found all four windows down and the car was locked. First time, when we returned to our vehicle in a walmart parking lot. Second time, the vehicle was parked and locked in our carport.

- Orlando, FL, USA