3.2

2013 Cadillac XTS suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Cadillac XTS:

2013 Cadillac XTS Owner Comments

Jan 242019

XTS

My car has about 84K miles and the struts are shot. I have a 2003 truck with way more miles....no problem. I understand a lot of people are having this problem and each strut is about $700

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 222018

XTS

Rear suspension completely lowered to the ground while running. Dealership started this was due to a burnt leveling system. At the same time, the cue system disconnected to work as it should. Vehicle has 68K miles. After fixed, now the gets stuck in the up position often. Dealer then replace the front strut since they claimed this was causing the issue. Vehicle still with the same issues event after several visits to the dealer to re-level the vehicle.

- Brownsville, TX, USA

Jun 012018

XTS

While driving on the hwy, my rear suspension lost all air and dropped fully causing a very bumpy ride and unsafe handling. Vehicle showed a leveling fault on the dash. Later that day it was working normally again. While it is unkown what caused this to happen I believe the air compressor that inflates the rear suspension failed.

- Burke, VA, USA

Aug 222017

XTS

My wife and I were traveling at interstate speed -( 70 mph) about 4 pm when a loud explosion occurred in the rear part of the car. It caused the car to swerve and drop about 6 inches. I almost hitting an 18 wheeler and there was another 18 wheeler behind me. Other cars around me started to blow their horns in alarm. I carefully slowed the car while, putting on the emergency flashers, and moved to the right lane attempting to find an emergency parking place. I felt I needed to assess the damages. There was no place to stop! I was forced to drive @ a mile to an exit ramp where I could safely stop and call the Cadillac service dept. The service tech recommended I drive it to the nearest dealer (austin tx - 35 miles away) or limp 60 miles to san antonio where I purchased the car and have it serviced). My wife is not well and I selected san antonio for medical reasons. The dash warning indicator stated, "leveling device service needed." San antonio's Cadillac service mgr.stated two problems needed repairing: 1) both air blathers exploded and 2) the leveling air compressor needed replacing. This is the second time this car was seen by this dealership for leveling problems. This was a very serious experience for me, a combat veteran and senior citizens near age 80. My wife and I could have caused a very bad accident in the middle of heavy commuter traffic on I-35 in austin tx in rush hour traffic. I have never had an auto driving accident in my life. This experience was freighting and I am reliving the drama of how bad it could have been for the two of us. I no longer trust the car and feel I may be forced to trade early even though I just purchased an extended warranty to 85K or July 2020 which ever occurs first.. call me at 512-422-2170 if you need more data.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jun 012017

XTS

The suspension is horrible - every little bump in the road the car makes a load noise - like the suspension is gone. This is a 2013 and this should be happening. I have a 2008 cts and never had a suspension issue and that car have over 160,000 miles. This seems like a defect because I was reading all the complaints. I brought the car in May 2016 and it is getting worse. I can't be a specific date but the problem is ongoing. I don't think the consumer have to pay out of pocket to get this fix.

- Odenton, MD, USA

Jan 282017

XTS

Front passenger side strut is frozen, very horrible ride and whenever I run over the slightest bump in the road, it sounds like the whole front end of the car is going to fall out. Dealer said it is not covered under the extended warrantee

- East Haven, CT, USA

Jul 222016

XTS

Rear end of the car dropped to the ground while driving almost causing an accident. Mechanic said the rear air compressor failed, and one of the airbags burst. The vehicle had to be towed, it was not drive able.

- East Haven, CT, USA

Sep 242016

XTS

Cadillac Xts limousine with 2,800 miles. When driving a knocking noise can be heard coming from somewhere in front end. The noise is more noticeable making turns, hitting the smallest bumps in the road, and very noticeable when easing over a train track at 2mph.

- Gadsden, AL, USA

Sep 132016

XTS

I was driving on a city street going 40 mph and the rear suspension dropped without warning resulting in loss of control of the vehicle and almost causing an accident.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Sep 092016

XTS

Rear suspension failed driving down highway at approx 60 mph. Rear end of vehicle was lowered to the point where the tire was rubbing on undercarriage. Car was very unstable and bouncing up and down violently. Message on dashboard stated "service leveling system". could not tow the car rear was too low to the ground.

- Waco, TX, USA

Jan 252016

XTS

Rear compressor for air suspension fails and lowers car to an unsafe condition. Compressor failed while car was in motion causing erratic handling behavior.

- Edgewater, FL, USA

May 142015

XTS 6-cyl

2013 Cadillac Xts. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle rear suspension problems. The consumer stated for the third time, the rear suspension had bottom out. The last time the suspension failed, the compressor was replaced.

- Miami, FL, USA