- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 5 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 13 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 14 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 21 days ago
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: It didn't take long for the cladding to fade, discolor, and in some cases crack. Cladding is the protective plastic piece that runs along the outside of vehicles, and exposure to both heat and UV rays give the Avalanche's cladding a chalky, faded appearance.
Owners have said the problem is especially bad on the panels near the cargo bed. Eventually, GM agreed to a one-time treatment of ArmorDillo, a protective treatment similar to what you find in any auto shop. Unfortunately, that would only help for 6 months (on average).
Eventually, GM offered another coating solution for owners within the 3 year / 36,000 mile original warranty under TSB:04-08-111-001C.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 54,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace transmission (12 reports)
- rebuild (1 reports)