- June 21: Chevy Traverse Airbag Exploded, GM Announces Recall recalls | 12 days ago
- June 11: Investigation Into GM Sticky Steering Wheels Closed investigations | 22 days ago
- May 8: GM Transmission Lawsuit Involves 8-Speed Automatics news | 56 days ago
- April 23: GM PCV Lawsuit Alleges Rear Main Seal Leaks Oil news | 71 days ago
- April 15: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 79 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIT4041D
2010 Chevrolet Avalanche
Affected Component: STRUCTURE:BODY:HATCHBACK/LIFTGATE
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that the power lift gate Regular Production Option Code (E61 or TB5) is inoperative. Technician will find Diagnostic Trouble Code B153A set in the power lift gate control module. Technician will need to perform these steps. 1. Disconnect the connector at the Lift gate Latch Assembly. 2. Install a 3 ampere fused jumper wire between each signal circuit and the ground circuit. 3. If either test fails, check the wiring for the signal circuits, low reference circuit, or try a power lift gate control module from a known good vehicle. 4. If both tests pass, monitor the internal switch inputs in the lift gate latch assembly for proper operation. 5. If one of the internal lift gate latch assembly switch inputs are not reading correctly in one of the positions above and the vehicles passes test both test, replace the Lift Gate Latch Assembly.
Click a tab for more information.