- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 9 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 15 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 22 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 28 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 36 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5093B
2014 Chevrolet Captiva
Affected Component: ENGINE (PWS)
- Some customers may complain of an engine oil leak that appeared as they were driving the vehicle in extremely cold ambient temperatures (Generally 0 F /-17 C or Colder). They may also comment that they heard a single "pop" noise right before the oil leak started. Upon inspection, the technician will find that the oil leak is coming from the rear main oil seal of the engine as shown below. This may be the result of a frozen PCV system and excessive crankcase pressure. If a leaking rear main oil seal is found in warmer climates, this PI does not apply.
Click a tab for more information.