- March 26: GM Recall Issued For Transmission Sun Gear Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- March 11: GM Destination Charge Class Action Lawsuit is Over news | 18 days ago
- February 23: GM Lifter Failure Lawsuit: 17 Plaintiffs Sent to Arbitration news | 34 days ago
- February 11: GM Fuel Pump Module Recall: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain recalls | 46 days ago
- February 9: Chevy and GMC Truck Rear Fuel Tanks May Collapse recalls | 48 days ago
Abs Very Sensitive, Almost Impossible To Stop Wet Or Snow
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 90,950 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 7 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (6 reports)
- many say disable (1 reports)
- No one has added a helpful site for this 1998 Cavalier problem yet. Be the first!
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
I tried to stop on a snowy road about 50 feet away from the intersection, traveling about 35 MPH. The ABS brakes did not engage at all and there was no slowdown at all. I was at the car's mercy and would have loved for the brakes to have even locked up completely. Then I would have stopped before the accident. I drove right into the "t" intersection of a busy road and T-boned a car, causing my air bag to deploy and sending the other vehicle into a spin. They hit a telephone pole and were injured.
Shame on Chevy for creating a crappy braking system that is dangerous. It sounds like many others have had this issue as well. I will NEVER buy a GM car again!
- Dave H., Kalamazoo, MI, US