- November 21: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Fires Cause Truck Recall recalls | 18 days ago
- November 18: Chevrolet Equinox SUVs Recalled For Brake Caliper Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- November 10: GM Oil Consumption Settlement Finalized news | 29 days ago
- November 9: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Continues For Florida Customers news | 30 days ago
- October 24: Chevy Malibu Reduced Engine Power Leads To Lawsuit news | 46 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
Body / Paint Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Body / Paint Problems
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.