- November 16: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 3500 and GMC Sierra 3500 recalls | 8 days ago
- October 30: GM Recalls GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado and Chevy Volt recalls | 25 days ago
- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 86 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 87 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
Worst 2004 Cavalier clutch Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- clutch line rubbed out5
- clutch fluid leaking2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Clutch Assembly3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Clutch Assembly: Pedal/Linkage3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.