- August 9: Buick, Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled recalls | 4 days ago
- July 31: Model year 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazers Recalled recalls | 13 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 30 days ago
- July 7: Chevrolet Cobalt and HHR Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 37 days ago
- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 45 days ago
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
CarComplaints.com Notes: Widespread instrument panel failure is a common and frustrating reality for many 2004-2005 Chevy Cavalier owners. They're often left in the dark when it comes to knowing how fast they're going, what their engine temperature is, or even how much fuel they have left in the tank.
The likely culprit is a series of bad "stepper motors" which control the gauges and are no longer covered under warranty. Think not being able to see your speed is a safety issue and should be recalled for all owners? We'd agree. Trouble is, apparently the NHTSA does not.
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Drivetrain Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cavalier Model Years
Curious how the 2004 Cavalier compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cavalier overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cavalier.