- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 12 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 16 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 33 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 54 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 55 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 11181: FMVSS 102 & 114/Shift Lever & Theft Prevention
2011 Chevrolet Colorado
The driver may not be able to restart the vehicle, and the vehicle could roll away as the driver or other occupants exit the vehicle or have exited, resulting in the possibility of the vehicle striking them or someone around the vehicle, or could result in a crash without prior warning.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
- General Motors is recalling certain model year 2011 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC canyon passenger vehicles equipped with a 2.9 or 3.7 liter engine and a four-speed automatic transmission for failing to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no 102, "transmission shift lever sequence, starter interlock, and transmission braking effect, " and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 114, "theft protection." These vehicles may have been built with an automatic transmission adjustment clip that may not retain the shift cable in the correct position. If the shift cable is not in the correct position, the prndl shift lever may not accurately reflect the position of the transmission gear. The driver could move the shifter to "park" and remove the ignition key, but the transmission gear may not be in "park."
- GM dealers will install a new automatic transmission adjustment clip free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin on or about July 19, 2011. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438 and GMC at 1-866-996-9463.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.