- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 4 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 22 days ago
- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 23 days ago
- May 23: Chevrolet Cruze 'Side Blind Zone Alert' Lawsuit Filed news | 26 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 30 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 11181: FMVSS 102 & 114/Shift Lever & Theft Prevention
2011 Chevrolet Colorado
The driver may not be able to restart the vehicle, and the vehicle could roll away as the driver or other occupants exit the vehicle or have exited, resulting in the possibility of the vehicle striking them or someone around the vehicle, or could result in a crash without prior warning.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
- General Motors is recalling certain model year 2011 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC canyon passenger vehicles equipped with a 2.9 or 3.7 liter engine and a four-speed automatic transmission for failing to conform to the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no 102, "transmission shift lever sequence, starter interlock, and transmission braking effect, " and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 114, "theft protection." These vehicles may have been built with an automatic transmission adjustment clip that may not retain the shift cable in the correct position. If the shift cable is not in the correct position, the prndl shift lever may not accurately reflect the position of the transmission gear. The driver could move the shifter to "park" and remove the ignition key, but the transmission gear may not be in "park."
- GM dealers will install a new automatic transmission adjustment clip free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin on or about July 19, 2011. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438 and GMC at 1-866-996-9463.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.