- December 4: GM Recalls Chevrolet Silverado 4500, 5500 and 6500 HD Trucks recalls | 0 days ago
- November 11: GM Daytime Running Lights Recall Affects 338,000 Vehicles recalls | 23 days ago
- October 31: GM, Hyundai and Kia Sued Over Exploding ARC Airbag Inflators news | 34 days ago
- October 3: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Alleges Vortec Engines Are Faulty news | 62 days ago
- September 20: GM Lawsuit Alleges Chevy Silverado Roof is Dangerous news | 75 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 17387: Improper Air Bag Inflation
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
An improperly inflated air bag increases the risk of injury in a crash.
Air Bags — Frontal
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 GMC Canyon and Chevrolet Colorado, and 2016 Chevrolet Volt vehicles. The driver's frontal air bag may improperly inflate during second-stage deployment in the event of a high speed crash.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the driver's frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall began November 8, 2017. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 17387.
- Documents (10)
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172103640 Release Date: October 2017
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 19, 2017 Subject: 17387 - Safety Recall Driver Airbag Abnormal Deployment
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 26, 2017 Subject: 17387 01 - Safety Recall Driver Airbag Abnormal Deployment Customer Letter Added
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-4
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N172103640 Release Date: October 2017 Revision: 01
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 5, 2017 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 17387 Driver Airbag Abnormal Deployment
- Recall Acknowledgement
Click a tab for more information.