8.0

1. replace rim (2 reports)
2017 Chevrolet Corvette wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette:

2017 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Aug 102019

Corvette Grand Spoprt 6.2L V8

I began losing tire pressure in my passenger rear tire. I took it back to my local Chevrolet dealer (Tom Gill) for a tire inspection. I was informed that I do not need a new tire, but there was a hairline crack on the inside rim.

I asked for a replacement and have not been contacted. I had to recontact Tom Gill Chevrolet and was told that the rim was ordered but no date was given on the replacement. I was informed just to keep adding air if I want to drive the Corvette. Who in their right mind wants to drive an automobile on a cracked rim??? Chevy needs to correct this problem!

- Big P., Covington, KY, US

May 042019

Corvette Grand Sport 6.0L

After investigating a long term slow leak in my right (passenger side) rear tire I discovered my rim was cracked and after contacting my local dealer, I was surprised to hear that GM would not cover this under factory warranty.

- E J., Upper Marlboro, US