8.3

$150

1. replace rim (6 reports)
2017 Chevrolet Corvette wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Corvette:

2017 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Jan 122020

Corvette 2LT 6.2L

Dealership says sorry not going to fix problem. However they would order new rim for me but I would have to pay for it and the mounting and balance of the new rim.

- Harold R., Crestview, FL, US

Jun 142019

Corvette ZO6 L4supercharged

bought 2017 zo6 with 8200 miles went to have tires balanced dealer informed me 1 front and 1rear weel were bent. 2nd issue 1 rear wheel cracked, had it repaired about5 mos ago found anoyher crack today 04/19/2020

- garydarr296, Kearny, US

Feb 012020

Corvette Grand Sport Lt 1

This is a known problem with the Grand Sport wheels and was never divulged by GM or the dealership. I am looking for compensation from either dealership or GM. Purchase car from Bradley Hubler Chevrolet in Franklin, Indiana. This tire was leaking and the dealer knew it. I have contacted them but received no response. If this continues to be a problem with the other wheels, I'll be forced to spend $3000 on after market wheels. This sucks.

- Fred Z., Rockford, US

Aug 272019

Corvette Grand Sport 6.2L V8 Di/Wt

Just want everyone to know that my rim is cracked and it blew my tire out causing me to have to replace the tire thus far, to only find out that my rim has to be replaced as it is not able to be welded to prevent air loss. It was determined that the crack, even though it appears to be a hairline crack, is too deep to weld and replacement is needed. Kind of odd considering normal driving once in a awhile and others have had this same issue with their rims. I will consult with GM to see is this is something they will address with me.

- Channing R., Plainfield, IN, US

Aug 102019

Corvette Grand Spoprt 6.2L V8

I began losing tire pressure in my passenger rear tire. I took it back to my local Chevrolet dealer (Tom Gill) for a tire inspection. I was informed that I do not need a new tire, but there was a hairline crack on the inside rim.

I asked for a replacement and have not been contacted. I had to recontact Tom Gill Chevrolet and was told that the rim was ordered but no date was given on the replacement. I was informed just to keep adding air if I want to drive the Corvette. Who in their right mind wants to drive an automobile on a cracked rim??? Chevy needs to correct this problem!

- Big P., Covington, KY, US

May 042019

Corvette Grand Sport 6.0L

After investigating a long term slow leak in my right (passenger side) rear tire I discovered my rim was cracked and after contacting my local dealer, I was surprised to hear that GM would not cover this under factory warranty.

- E J., Upper Marlboro, US