- July 16: GM Recalls 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibus For Airbag Failures recalls | 1 days ago
- July 4: GMC Terrain and Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 27 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 28 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 02053: GM/Wheel Bearing Nut
2003 Chevrolet Express
If this were to occur, the amber-colored ABS tell-tale lamp in the instrument panel would illuminate and the ABS system would be disabled. The driver would also notice a grinding noise, a decrease in the vehicle speed, and the steering will pull in the direction of the affected brake assembly. This could result in a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Wheels — Lugs/Nuts/Bolts
- Certain vans were built without a wheel bearing assembly retaining nut, which could lead to a possible bearing separation.
- Dealers will inspect the wheel bearing assembly. If the inspection reveals a missing retaining nut, the wheel bearing assembly will be replaced. Owner notification began November 13, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.