- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 2 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 7 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 13 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 22 days ago
- September 20: Chevrolet Trax Recall Issued For Separated Lower Control Arms recalls | 24 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18299: Climate Control Module Wiring Short Cauisng Fire
2016 Chevrolet Express
If the CCM overheats, there is an increased risk of a fire in the vehicle's headliner.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Chevrolet Express and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with a single, manual, rear climate control module (CCM). If the temperature is set to maximum heat or the mode knob is set to maximum floor vent and an electrical short occurs, components within the CCM may overheat.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will remove the electrical insulation from a wiring connector within the CCM to remove the fire risk, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18299.
Click a tab for more information.