1.4

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic:

2004 Chevrolet Malibu Classic Owner Comments

May 032017

Malibu Classic

I turn my car on drive go to get out the key won't come out sometimes it does and most time is doesn't. I try turn the car back on putting the car in drive then park and turning the key to off position and the car still doesn't go into the park position so the key doesn't go into off position to take key out. The car stays on without the ignition being on. The car is stationary but the car won't go into park to turn the car completely off. Spoke to GM problem with transmission shift cable but they won't help me. The keep saying there is no recall for my car. There was a recall for this GM's recall 14152. Please help. Thank you!

- Midwest City, OK, USA

Apr 012015

Malibu Classic 4-cyl

Vehicle is unable to smoothly shift into park position to allow the key to be turned off. Certified mechanic stated the shifter cable is most likely the defect. Many models have already been recalled. The car in not able to shift into park to allow turning of the key ignition switch to the off position so that the car battery turns off. Sifter cable could possibly malfunction during normal driving/operation, starting/stopping.

- Dickson, TN, USA

Feb 102014

Malibu Classic 4-cyl

When in reverse, but not moving, the whole front of the car shimmies and makes noises. The affected part was just replaced (supposedly) in Feb. 2012. Now they say that the parts again must be replaced because they are just finding it now, a couple of months after the warranty has expired.

- Henderson, NV, USA

Nov 252010

Malibu Classic

I was driving along the road, and the yellow wrench popped up, the wheel was difficult to control. Also, while turning the car the wheel was difficult to turn. This problem occurs at least 3-4 times a year. My brake peddle acts up in the snowy months. When I press the brake peddle-the peddle jumps pushes up and down into my feet. When it snows, I worry about running into a car.

- Calumet City, IL, USA