- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 3 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 4 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 6 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 10 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 00099: GM/Battery Pack Module
1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
If the telltales are ignored and the affected vehicle continues to be driven, heat could build up and a fire could result.
Electrical System — Battery
- Vehicle description: Electric passenger vehicles and pickup trucks containing a nickel metal hydride (nimh) battery pack. These vehicles contain software within the battery pack module intended to disable the vehicle from being driven if the electrical resistance with the battery pack exceeds a prescribed value. Affected vehicles will illuminate the "service now" and "reduced performance" telltales and continue to function in a reduced performance model instead of being disabled.
- Dealers will install revised software in the battery pack module.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.