- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 1 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 3 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 17 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 21 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 38 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 00099: GM/Battery Pack Module
1998 Chevrolet S-10 Pickup
If the telltales are ignored and the affected vehicle continues to be driven, heat could build up and a fire could result.
Electrical System — Battery
- Vehicle description: Electric passenger vehicles and pickup trucks containing a nickel metal hydride (nimh) battery pack. These vehicles contain software within the battery pack module intended to disable the vehicle from being driven if the electrical resistance with the battery pack exceeds a prescribed value. Affected vehicles will illuminate the "service now" and "reduced performance" telltales and continue to function in a reduced performance model instead of being disabled.
- Dealers will install revised software in the battery pack module.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.