- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 3 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 4 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 6 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 10 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 17248: Loss Of Electric Power Steering Assist
2014 Chevrolet SS
A greater steering effort would be needed to control the vehicle if power steering is lost, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2014-2016 Chevrolet SS vehicles. Corrosion of the connector between the electric power steering module and the torque sensor connector may cause a loss of electric power steering assist.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the steering gear assembly, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began August 2, 2017. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 17248.
- Documents (10)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 15, 2017 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall 17248
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 22, 2017 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 17036 Passenger Presence System Temporary Repair for Customer Vehicles Only Labor Codes Updated
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 2, 2017 Subject: 17248 - Safety Recall Loss of Steering Assist
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: A162070110 Release Date: August 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.