- February 19: GM Fuse Block Lawsuit Says Loose Terminals Cause Problems news | 1 days ago
- February 17: Owning An Electric Car Is More Expensive Than a Gas-Powered Vehicle news | 3 days ago
- February 7: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Trucks Recalled, Again recalls | 13 days ago
- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 52 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 62 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14208: Fuse Block May Come Loose And Result In A Fire
2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
This could result in an arcing condition, and combustible materials located nearby could ignite and result in an engine compartment fire.
Electrical System — Fuses And Circuit Breakers
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD vehicles manufactured January 8, 2014, through February 27, 2014, and 2015 GMC Sierra HD vehicles manufactured January 9, 2014, through February 14, 2014, and equipped with a 220 Amp Generator (RPO KW5). In the affected vehicles, the retention clips that attach the fuse block to the vehicle body can become loose allowing the fuse block to move out of position. If this occurs, exposed conductors in the fuse block may contact the mounting studs or other metallic components, causing a short to ground event.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuse block to verify that it is properly secured, repairing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on July 30, 2014. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet) or 1-800-462-8782 (GMC). GM's number for this recall is 14208.
- Documents (10)
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Defect Notice(Part 573)0- Supplemental
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report
Click a tab for more information.