- September 16: General Motors Oil Consumption Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- September 1: Airbag Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler and GM news | 19 days ago
- August 23: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and GMC Sierra 2500 Recalled recalls | 28 days ago
- August 22: GM Shift to Park Lawsuit Says Vehicles Can't Be Shut Off news | 29 days ago
- August 12: Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain Recalled For Hankook Tires recalls | 39 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIT5509G
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on how to diagnose and repair vehicle that may have a "Check Trailer Wiring" or "Service Trailer Brake System? message on the Driver Information Center when a trailer is connected to the vehicle. Diagnostic Trouble Code C1114 set in the Chassis Control Module. Chassis Control Module has to determine the type of trailer brake system that is being used. The Chassis Control Module can be sensitive to a variety of trailer wiring issues. The technician will need to make a trailer tester using Electric Trailer Brake Magnets and 7-way trailer connector to determine if it is a vehicle or trailer issue. If the concern is not duplicated with the tester installed, the vehicle is operating correctly and the focus should be on the trailer wiring or 7 way connector.
Click a tab for more information.