- May 13: 2015 Chevrolet Colorados and GMC Canyons Losing Power Steering investigations | 11 days ago
- May 8: Corvette Cracked and Bent Wheels Cause Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- May 5: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit May Soon Be Settled news | 19 days ago
- May 3: GM Engine Block Heater Cord Recall Affects 364,000 Diesel Trucks recalls | 21 days ago
- April 29: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Blames Aluminum Driveshafts news | 25 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 01050: GM/FMVSS 105/Brake System Warning Light
2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
These conditions could result in reduced braking capability, which could lead to a crash.
- Vehicle description: Certain pickup trucks equipped with 6.6L diesel engines fail to comply with requirements of FMVSS no. 105, "hydraulic and electric brake systems." These vehicles have a brake system warning light in the instrument cluster that may not illuminate when the brake fluid is low. In addition, when the brake fluid is low, the vehicle may not meet the partial system requirements of FMVSS no. 105.
- Dealers will change the location of a wire connection in the underhood bussed electrical center. Owner notification began July 9, 2001. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.