- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 7 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 13 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 20 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 26 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 34 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP4765A
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on the steps to diagnose and repair vehicles that may have Service Engine Soon Malfunction Indicator Lamp on and a constant engine misfire. If Service Information diagnosis isolates no compression on the misfiring cylinder(s) with 100% leakage into the crankcase, perform the following steps as necessary before disassembling the engine. Technician will use a lighted bore scope if available to inspect the top of the related piston(s) through the spark plug hole to determine if any of the pistons are melted. If damaged piston(s) are found inspect for aftermarket parts. Also use the latest version of 09-06-04-026 to verify if there are aftermarket calibrations in the Engine Control Module. Take photos and document accordingly if anything is found.
Click a tab for more information.