- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 2 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 15 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 21 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 29 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5130C
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician how to diagnose and repair vehicles with an engine that runs with an intermittent crank no start with a Diagnostic Trouble Code P0011 or P00C6 current or history. Technician will need to use Global Diagnostic System 2 to actuate the cam phaser solenoid 4 or 5 times then try starting the vehicle. Then disable the ignition and fuel system. After the ignition and fuel system are disabled try to start the engine. Technician can now unplug the camshaft actuator to perform the following. Install a 20A fused jumper wire between the terminal 2 and 12V. Tickle/tap the low reference terminal 1 to ground on the cam actuator magnet, while cranking the engine over. When the engine starts and runs the cam actuator or oil control valve does not need to be replaced.
Click a tab for more information.