- October 18: Chevy Bolt Recall Fix Will Cost $2 Billion recalls | 2 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- October 5: Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Owners: Park Outside recalls | 15 days ago
- September 29: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles For Fuel Pumps recalls | 21 days ago
- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 29 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5261A
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT
- THIS PRELIMINARY INFORMATION COMMUNICATION PROVIDES INFORMATION TO THE TECHNICIAN THAT SOME VEHICLES MAY HAVE A HIGH PITCHED WHINE NOISE FROM THE VEHICLE NOTICED WHEN DRIVING IN AUTO 4WD. WHEN THE TRANSFER CASE CONTROL MODULE HAS TO MOVE THE TRANSFER CASE ACTUATOR MOTOR THE HIGHER CURRENT PASSING THROUGH THE MODULE CAUSES AN "ELECTRONIC BUZZ OR WHINE" WITHIN SOME OF THE CAPACITORS IN THE MODULE THAT CAN BE HEARD BY SOME OF OUR CUSTOMERS. THIS CAN ONLY BE HEARD WITH ALL ACCESSORIES AND HVAC OFF AND ONLY WHEN ACTUATOR MOVEMENT IS REQUIRED. THIS DOES NOT INDICATE A CONCERN WITH THE MODULE AND SHOULD NOT BE REPLACED TO ADDRESS THIS CONCERN.
Click a tab for more information.