- September 21: Takata Airbag Investigation Includes 30 Million Vehicles investigations | 2 days ago
- September 16: General Motors Oil Consumption Lawsuit Dismissed news | 7 days ago
- September 1: Airbag Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler and GM news | 22 days ago
- August 23: Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and GMC Sierra 2500 Recalled recalls | 31 days ago
- August 22: GM Shift to Park Lawsuit Says Vehicles Can't Be Shut Off news | 32 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIT5206F
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
Affected Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician with the steps on diagnosing and repairing vehicles that may have unwanted grade braking, reduced engine power with no Driver Information Center messages “ Brake Pedal Override Feature “, transmission busy or frequent shifting up or down, and Diagnostic Trouble Codes P057B, P057C, and/or P057D may or may not be set. Technician will use this preliminary information to find the brake pedal position data parameters in the scan tool, and also to provide some additional diagnostic help. These issues may be caused by an incorrect brake pedal position sensor input to the engine control module. Technician will verify with the scan tool if the engine control module has the correct parameters for the brake pedal position sensor. If an engine control module brake pedal position sensor relearn is performed, the truck may be temporarily repaired until the intermittent wiring issue between the engine control module and brake pedal position sensor occurs again. On 2014 and newer trucks inspect and repair any damage to X115 and X119. On the 2014 and previous trucks inspect and repair any damage to X205.
Click a tab for more information.