- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 6 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 60 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 64 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 65 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 66 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18365: Air Bags May Not Deploy Due To Incorrect Setting
2019 Chevrolet Trax
If the air bags do not deploy in the event of a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Air Bag Control Module
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2019 Buick Encore, Chevrolet Spark, Traverse, and Trax vehicles. The Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) on these vehicle may not have been turned off of "manufacturing mode, " preventing the air bags from deploying in the event of a crash.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the SDM module to the correct mode, free of charge. The recall began November 6, 2018. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300 and Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18365.
Click a tab for more information.