- August 12: 2016 Jeep Cherokee Transmission Problems Heard in Court news | 9 days ago
- August 8: Two 2019 Ram 1500 Trucks Recalled For Instrument Clusters recalls | 13 days ago
- August 7: Alfa Romeo Giulia and Stelvio Recalled For Stalling recalls | 14 days ago
- August 2: Jeep Wrangler Right-Hand-Drive SUVs Under Investigation investigations | 19 days ago
- July 21: Chrysler Recalls Ram 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500 Trucks recalls | 31 days ago
Chrysler Recall U82, U83: Cruise Control Cannot Be Cancelled
2015 Chrysler 300
If the vehicle maintains its speed or accelerates despite attempts to deactivate the cruise control, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Control Module (PCM/TCM)
- Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain Mopar Stage 1 Kit Performance Packages Powertrain Control Modules (PCM) Part Numbers P5160023, P5160025, and Demon Crate PCM Part Number 68412287AA. The PCMs are being recalled to address a defect that could prevent the cruise control system from disengaging. If, when using cruise control, there is a short circuit within the vehicle's wiring, the driver may not be able to shut off the cruise control either by depressing the brake pedal or manually turning the system off once it has been engaged, resulting in either the vehicle maintaining its current speed or possibly accelerating.
- Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will either perform a software update or replace the PCM, free of charge. The recall began July 26, 2018. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is U82, and U83.
Click a tab for more information.